The Student Pooper Scoopers of South Charlotte
The Business of Poop Scooping
COST: $40 per month standard pricing (based on once weekly up to 1/3 acre lot in serviceable area)
Over 40 percent of Americans have dogs, that’s two homes for every five. If you let your dogs outside on their own to do their business then odds are you have some land mines and smells you would rather avoid.
We have started a business to take care of this problem for you.
This is one of the most dreaded chores of any household but it needs to be done. It needs to be done because both people and their pets need a clean yard in order to be healthy and disease free.
Some of us don’t think about it, are too lazy, hate doing it, or just choose not to since it is a disgusting task.
Thirteen Awesome Reasons You Should Hire Student Scoopers
- Dog Waste is Harmful due to dangerous pathogens (see below #1 Reason)
- Dog Poop is Gross
- You Can Enjoy Your Yard And Being Outside Again
- Never Having To Deal With Dog Poop Again Sounds So Nice
- Stop Subjecting Neighbors to The Smell
- Stop Family Arguments About Who Has To Do it “this” week
- You Don’t Have the Time and You Will Have More Time To Enjoy Life
- Unable To Clean Based on Physical Limitations
- It’s Not That Expensive
- Help Prevent Your Dogs From Eating The Nasty Stuff
- Help Students Pay For College
- Help A Children’s Charity
- Help Our Environment And Stop Polluting Our Waterways
Who We Are
We are two Myers Park high school students, Grant Hilliard and Connor Selle, who have been told we cannot work until we are older and are taking a page out of Mike Rowe’s Dirty Jobs book to start our own business and take things into our own hands – literally. Mike’s TV show Dirty Jobs had Mike performing difficult, strange, disgusting, or messy occupational duties. He has since started a show called Somebody’s Gotta Do It and served as inspiration.
We did some thinking and thought this business idea was something we could handle, solves your stinky and dirty yard problem, and earns some money for good use.
Our parents have been talking about how much college costs ($100,000 for in-state public university and 2-3 times that for private universities). We are tired of having no spending money, tired of playing too many video games, and would like the chance to run a business. Also we are committed to community service each school year and are choosing a children’s charity to contribute our time and a part of our scooping business proceeds.
Connor runs on the Myers Park Cross Country Team and Grant plays on a Charlotte Soccer Academy soccer team. It will be great to meet you and we look forward to helping you or anyone you know in closely connected South Charlotte communities between Southpark and Arboretum. We do not have our driver’s licenses yet but we will be committed to getting to your home to take care of this weekly business. We will fill up our schedule to capacity to ensure we can balance school, activities, and this work.
How To Get Started
#1 Call to discuss starting service at 704-492-5548
#2 Submit your contact information and any questions or comments. Let us know your neighborhood when replying. We are excited to connect with you and will review and send a reply.
#3 Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss starting service
We just need to confirm a few details to get service started:
- Your home address and contact information
- A couple days of week preferences that you would prefer we come to perform this service (our schedule will fill up so availability is based on first come first scheduled and neighborhood grouping that factors logistics and school and activities scheduled)
- How to navigate the yard logistics (fences, dogs, kids, etc.)
We will make it a goal to follow your instructions, be friendly with your animals if they are out when we visit, will close all fences securely when we are in your yard and when we leave, and may even put a sign out in the front yard indicating that a dog poop scooping is in progress in your yard for neighbor awareness.
We look forward to working with you and thanks for your time, courtesy, and vote of confidence as we run this student business.
Grant and Connor
The #1 Reason – Dog Waste is Harmful